The tourist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of your deposit, not the day of departure.
With this tourist visa, the period of stay is 28 days on burmese territory.
If you want to overstay, you are advised to report to Immigration services when you arrive on the territory.
When you exit, an additional 3$ per additional day spent in the territory will be charged.
This is a single visa entry. No possibility of multiple entry.
If you must leave the country and return a few days later, you will have to make a new application for tourist visa.
NOTE : Spanish and Andorran depend on the Embassy of Myanmar in France.
– A tourist visa form (download here)
Only one duly filled application form per person.
– Two color identity photos, full-face, with pale background, dated maximum 6 months old, stuck on every upper angle of the form. (right + left). Scanned photos are not allowed.
No paper clip, no staple.
– Original Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Myanmar with three full empty pages.
For any person native of a non-European country living in France, a copy of the residence permit and a proof of address will be also asked you.
For any non-resident in France, no proof required.
– Reservation of round trip ticket.
If you want to enter in Myanmar by land borders, on the form, for “flight number” please indicate “land border + country”.
Attention, some border crossings require a permit by Burmese authorities before any visa application.
For more information about border crossings with transports or personal vehicle, consult this page. (under construction)
– Package Tour Groups visa application are required a confirmation letter from the respective agencies, if you travel with a tour operator. (with your name, date of trip and flights numbers)
Fees : 70€
Payment on site :
– Credit Card (no American Express)
Cheques are not accepted.
Payment by mail :
– Bank transfer (for bank details, click here)
Cheques are not accepted.
A single payment can be made for several visa applications.
Delivery time :
For a visa application on site :
The treatment of your visa application will be made under 24 hours.
You can get back it from the following afternoon of your deposit, from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. (working day)
French and burmese public holidays calendar, click here
For a visa application by mail :
Upon receipt of your mail, if your file is complete, the treatment of your visa will be made under 24 hours and will be afterward sent.
Thus it is necessary to take into account the deadline of expedition and forwarding of The Post office, that is approximately 7 days according to the deadlines of postal services. These deadlines are for information purposes. Any delay on behalf of postal services will have to be the object of a complaint with their services.
This procedure being longer, it is not recommended for any immediate travel.
For information, the Embassy of Myanmar reserves the right to edit or reject any visa application, and to request any other supporting document to complete a folder.