The Journalist visa is valid for 3 months from the date of your deposit, not the day of departure.
The period of stay is 28 days on burmese territory.
This is a single visa entry.
If you must leave the country and return a few days later, you will have to make a new visa application.
– A business visa form (download here)
Only one duly filled application form per person.
– Two color identity photos, full-face, with pale background, dated maximum 6 months old, stuck on every upper angle of the form. (right + left). Scanned photos are not allowed.
No paper clip, no staple.
– Original Passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Myanmar with three full empty pages.
For any person native of a non-European country living in France, a copy of the residence permit and a proof of address will be also asked you.
For any non-resident in France, no proof required.
– Reservation of flight tickets.
– Invitation / Approval of Ministry of Information (for foreign journalists)
To obtain this document, an application should be made in English to the Consul with the following documents :
– Copy of the passport of the participating journalists to mission
– English engagement letter explaining the purpose of reporting in Myanmar, duration, participants, address of stay, etc …
Thank you to send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Letter from a concerned Media Agency or press card
Fees : 70€
Payment on site :
– Credit Card (no American Express)
Cheques are not accepted.
Payment by mail :
– Bank transfer (for bank details, click here)
Cheques are not accepted.
A single payment can be made for several visa applications.
Delivery time :
For a visa application on site :
The treatment of your visa application will be made under 24 hours.
You can get back it from the following afternoon of your deposit, from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. (working day)
French and burmese public holidays calendar, click here
For a visa application by mail :
Upon receipt of your mail, if your file is complete, the treatment of your visa will be made under 24 hours and will be afterward sent.
Thus it is necessary to take into account the deadline of expedition and forwarding of The Post office, that is approximately 7 days according to the deadlines of postal services. These deadlines are for information purposes. Any delay on behalf of postal services will have to be the object of a complaint with their services.
This procedure being longer, it is not recommended for any immediate travel.
For information, the Embassy of Myanmar reserves the right to edit or reject any visa application, and to request any other supporting document to complete a folder.